Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Reminiscence

Every day I watch my baby girl grow and change so fast right in front of my eyes. Now walking, expressing her needs in ways other than cries, learning to develop her little voice, and exploring the ever expanding world in exquisite detail. All of this is so impressive to me. It happens so slowly; minute by minute, second by second and influence by influence. Teaching her new stuff and helping her to discover the world is pure joy. I watch her see things for the very first time and she looks at it all with such amazement. Truthfully though, the way she looks at the world is just the way I look at her, with utter wonderment. Lately, seeing my daughter change so fast has triggered me to reflect over the last year at some of my most cherished days with my daughter and husband.

One of my great memories over this last year... What a quick trip to the beach it was that day but I will cherish it for all the years. For me it was more than just a drive to the beach; it was a first, a first of hopefully many more to come. A first for us and for her. A first time to sit up on her own, and to sit on the beach of all places. A first time for her to hear the waves and smell the cool ocean air, to hear the birds and the laughter of the families around us enjoying the scenery. Such a simple moment it was but such a cherished one for me. It seems to me that the most treasured memories these days are those that quickly pass right by. It is those memories that I want to capture and remember forever.



1 comment: